2.25.2010

Sometimes I Think I Could

Be a middle school teacher. This affliction generally shows up after I have spent a couple hours with a flock of middle schoolers. They are ridiculously smart, quick, perky, open-faced, funny, quirky, and muffin-esque.

And the affliction has two cures -

(1) Spending an additional seven hours with a group of middle schoolers.

or

(2) Hearing that by the end of our several-hundred-large middle school conference this year:

One chaperon had left half way with a 102 fever, another chaperon's illness prevented them from arriving in the first place, and third chaperon got stuck in the parking garage with an over-sized van and had to deflate her tires to get out, leaving only one chaperon standing.

For whatever reason, that reminded me - no middle school for me, thanks.

No comments: