5.21.2006

3:49 AM... Home from PROM




YES. It's true. I was totally against it in high school. I protested it. Shook my fist at it. Boycotted it. Plain old didn't go to it in high school. And not just because people wear uncomfortable shoes. And not just because it is a sexist, heterosexist, classist "tradition." And not just because I was painfully shy and into being counter-culture. And not just because I was embarrassed.
BUT NOW I've been to my third prom. I appreciated the relative modesty of this year's crew, although I could have lived without the plethora of hand-squeezing-butt views I was party to (no pictures, thanks), the attitude, the relative sobriety of this year's staff, my mom's 60s dress (sorry I had to cut the super cute under 18 folks!).... Bal 06.




































The after-party... Back to street clothes and chaperone stragglers and used limes appearing in untouched "rosinis" and touched others and Skinnard and Kenny covers and choppin it up til they turned the lights full blast on us after we ignored last-call forever....

1 comment:

....................................................................... said...

Word's out. You are hot AND fabulous at the same time!