10.15.2006

I Heart T4SJ... Even though we are always roping me into stuff I don't wanna do....

Now normally, my T4SJ compadres do what any good grass-roots organizing force would do... wait for someone to miss a meeting and use the opportunity to sign that someone up to do stuff. That is standard and therefore margninally acceptable. But in a flip-script, this year we apparently took on the spirit of "one, two, three, not me!" organizing, which resulted in me being informed I was running a workshop at the conference (Saturday) as we stuffed folders for the conference (Thursday night). I should be grateful I was told. Their punishment was that they had to come up with a topic (um.... games, games, games.... a.k.a. teambuilders-for-social-justice) that I could do in my sleep. So here is THE FLAVA of an SB workshop for teachers off the cuff and after 7 hours of sleep spread over 4 nights.




But I really must give a shout out to T4SJ because this was the biggest, tightest conference yet, with a dope after-party and all (and not just because I had some delicious nibbles and drinks). Which is (one of so many reasons) why Karen Z. is the damned bomb.

No comments: