10.28.2009

Sometimes OK Cupid is Not So OK...

I think OK Cupid is a little drunk on his own misguided power.

So I checked my datin' profile after many a month just to sweep out the cobwebs and found four messages that ALL started with references to Burning Man. I always read profiles before reading notes and found each profile alluded to wanting to find life partners with whom they could grow old at Burning Man. (I can imagine Burning Man rapidly aging me within a week, actually. But I digress.) Seems strange to receive so many Burner messages but I just figure that post B-M, the Burners are out to replenish themselves and fulfill their intentions and manifestations and all that. So I come to the last messenger's note. I notice that on his profile he has gone out of his way to write that he wonders why everyone OkCupid thinks he'd be a match with Burners since he has never been. Curious.

Then I read his message title: Burning Man

And the message:
I said I'm confused about why OkC thinks I'd be a match for everyone who goes to Burning Man.

So, what does the new "Icebreaker" thing do? It matches me to you because you "like Burning Man". Hilarious.


Under his message is this little double-decker marshmallow-esque ice cube-ish icon with a little heart on its chest. Next to it is the italicized sentence:
I think you both like burning man.


And I wonder: Were OK Cupid and I in the same room?! Because in my profile, when prompted to disclose "the most private thing I am willing to admit here" I wrote:
I have a tic: when I hear the term Burning Man, my eyes roll... all by themselves. Strange.


Suitor #4 is right. That is hilarious.

No comments: