9.05.2006

Oh the Places I Would Rather Be ....



create your own visited countries map

.... Sigh. Rather than sit in this class without a clock with a professor with wild hair but no sense of time, I daydream of how much there would be for me to smell and taste and watch and hear and learn and share in all these countries which I haven't spent more than three weeks in(just stepping in and out of a country really doesn't count). And I would rather be in any of these places than stuck in this airless closet of a graduate seminar, which I am currently blogging from. This semester's personal challenge? De-wrap my fist from this pencil that is unfortunately not nearly sharp enough to effectively poke my eye out and instead blog myself into successful anger management despite my class consisting of only five students. Personal challenge #2? Continue to breathe while writing a multi-page paper on "my relationship to academic writing." Line one: I wasn't aware I was even in a relationship with academic writing. {Begin diatribe against the academic lust for omphaloskepsis (um... navel-gazing.... see how the dirty ivory tower of sfsu has ruined me?). Six pages later, end rant, print, turn in. Glower.}

Oh grad school you'z a nasty little beast.

No comments: