6.07.2007

It Has Been a Weird Week for Animals

1. The feral parrot colony that used to live outside my apartment building now lives in the trees at my work. I am not paranoid, but the term "stalking" did enter my mind.

2. I may have killed my parents' cat within three hours of taking the folks to the airport. [Since that time, I have driven around with the corpse in the car all around the city, done the kaddish and other Jew rituals over her, made a collage of my family members (because there are no pictures of all of us together), cleared out the refrigerator to store the cat, placed the cat in deep freeze (with the picture), bought a plane ticket to Colombia, and successfully avoided speaking to my parents at all.] Gilda-Mitzvah: RIP.

3. A camel stood for a while on the street corner near our school. Apparently he was stretching his legs.

4. He stood with his friend, a pony. I didn't realize that camels and ponies became friends.

No comments: