6.07.2007

Jury Duty: 2007

So, at first I was bitter, seeing as how I already DID my jury service earlier this year.... which included calling in a sub for two days so I could hang out and read and make no plans just in case they happened to want to call me, and calling every single night to make sure I was not required to do anything else. Which I swear I did. And I swear I did every single night.

Then, last week, I was shocked to receive a letter saying I had shirked my service (gasp) and if I wanted to keep my money and my freedom, I'd better call up and haul my ass over there. Of course their language was more polite, but this is just a transcript of the obvious undertone.

So, sigh, I ditched a finals day and headed down to the courthouse.

Arrived 5 minutes late. Stayed 33 minutes. Was released, my jury service officially done for another year.

All that finding my offensively sloganed t-shirt for naught.

No comments: