6.26.2007

The Mags Tag.... I Take Your Challenge

In response to the challenge, here are eight random things about me:

1. I never had a cabbage patch kid.

2. I once ate a whole chicken in one sitting in Panama about ten years ago. I have been a vegetarian since 1982.

3. If I ever went back to eating meat, I would start with a corned beef sandwich on rye or a pastrami sandwich from M & L Market on Market/14th.

4. I once tried to escape from the hospital pre-appendectomy. I got all the way to the second floor before my wheelchair and I were caught.

5. Once, at night, I was convinced I wasn't dreaming that someone was sitting on me, holding me down. I woke up the next day to bruises where their fingers had been, the angle of which could not have been self-made.

6. I used to be babysat by a nursing student. In order to get us to stay in bed, she would show us pictures of diseased skin/bodies and tell us that if we got out of bed, that would be what would happen to us. Then she would sit in the hallway outside my room on the red carpeted stairs. All night I would see her face reflected in the globe of the hallway light fixture, distorted like a circus mirror.

7. While cooking peas, I often struggle with the following dilemma: if an uncooked pea falls out of the pot, do you toss it unfeelingly back in the pot to cook (with the rest of the captive peas), throw it away (because it escaped), or take another pea from the pot to join it on its next adventure (and hope the pea you chose is friends with the escaped pea)? As a result of this dilemma, I rarely cook peas.

8. I was recently surprised to learn that I am a rather hopeful romantic. How nauseating is that?

And because I know only one person who would potentially respond to this besides folks already named by Mags, I tag the lovely PQ.

3 comments:

Mags said...

You had me at "Cabbage Patch Kid."

Anonymous said...

Peas are tough little suckers to cook.

....................................................................... said...

ah! I've been called out on your blog!