3.28.2007

Transformation: The Teacher Whisperer

Turns out there is usefulness in being a teacher who loses her voice.

NO, it is not staying home, because who would do that for anything short of death?! Rather, it is the whispering.

Try it. Turns out that when you whisper to people, they get shifty eyed, lean in close, and they whisper back. After a spell, they sometimes whisper,

"Why are we whispering?"

To which you rasp,

"Well, I am whispering because I lost my voice and have no choice. I have no idea, really, why you are talking like this."

This generally causes them to snap straight up, "Oh."

And yet they keep whispering. Coooooooool.

Turns out there is also a limit to the usefulness of the lost voice. The limit of people caring about your lost voice is.... 48 hours. Then it is yesterday's news like the Gore-Bush voting problem. Dull. And to be ignored.

Spring Break Spring Break Spring Break. If I whisper it, will it come?

No comments: