5.13.2007

My Love For Prom is Maybe a Little Maniacal

I have a problem.
There, I admit it.
I have a problem with prom.
I love prom. The kind of love that is deep, intense, boundless, illogical, and in opposition to every political value I hold true. The type of love that wears a dress from the '50s and fat high heels. The kind of love that leaves me unable to sleep and still hung over the next day even though I didn't even drink water. A dangerous kind of love.


See these pictures?

Imagine my face. This expression. Times 60. For four hours. Because I make, and I mean MAKE, each and every one of my students at prom take a picture with me. And so I wish to publicly thank them and the Bear Whisperer and My Favorite TA and everyone else for putting up with me. Think it is because I was anti-prom in high school? My students seem to think so. Their reaction to my mania:

No comments: