12.05.2007

A Blessing on Your Head, Mazel Tov, Mazel Tov

Much love to the likes of Boothie-Baby and other non-jewie friends, especially all those of you who were kind enough to inform me it was Chanukah, since without you, I would've as usual totally missed the whole thing. The Boothie wrote: I think today is the first day of Hannukah....so just wanted to say HEY and that I am thinking of you. Not sure if you are 'en la escuela' o en casa, o en temple. To which I thought, are we supposed to go to shul on Chanukah even? Hmmmm...

Aaaaaaaaaaaw. Y’all keep me Jewish. More so than my mother, in any case, who true to form dug out her favorite "festive" attire of green/red plaid everything accented by cotton sweaters with appliques of Christmas trees on then and LED lit Santa pins, which she wears before she lights the candles, which is after she set up this year's disturbing version of a creche and decorated the house like a Macy's window display. Isn't assimilation da bomb?

No comments: