12.08.2007

A Reality Check for All the Insanity Questioners

I was reminded that despite all recent indications, my sanity is actually fairly intact.

My upstairs neighbor was recently basically forced to move out of her $300 a month, two bedroom, wood floors, view of the bridge and bay, sunny sunny sunny, top floor apartment to shuttle herself into assisted living. Choice A: $1000 for an Assisted Living large studio in New Mexico or Choice B: A SHARED one ROOM, i.e. a twin bed and one closet, Assisted Living in San Francisco for almost $3000/month. Um, duh, hello New Mexico.

So, she wrote to say we really need to start keeping an eye on our downstairs neighbor, who has sent her two packages since she left on Thankstakin' weekend. The first contained essential “old mail” – i.e. three catalogues that arrived for Assisted Living ex-neighbor at the building. OK, kinda silly but that’s cool, because lord knows my neighbors they love their catalogues. Some might even say, a little eccentric, but very thoughtful to forward such shiny things.

The second package? Well, that one consisted of a “whole tub of country crock margarine and half a stick of butter which she decided to ship here in a padded envelop.” Um… Yeeeeeeees, that is clearly a package sent with much thought, but those thoughts are a little concerning. Oh dear.

On the up side, since this blog is all about me me me, I feel comparatively healthy simply by living in the vicinity of the dairy shipper.

No comments: