2.19.2007

The Bear Whisperer... what a peach!

So I described my poetry-project-creation-related plight to my colleague, and while I went off to frolic at the Russian River he wrote this to me:
_______________________________________________________________________
This just came to me. You can do a whole series on the riders of the 22 as the major arcana of the Tarot. These two stanzas are just my initial ideas in a sudden bit of sleepy inspiration. And while it's kinda just a joke and makes my inner (and outer) literary geek chuckle, if I were in your position, this is where'd I'd go. Just for personal entertainment as much as having something done.

First drafty piece:

curved plastic seats
imperial thrones
on the chariot
of the public transportation tarot

The Hanged Man
grips glumly the slightly bent
horizontal metal above
patiently pondering his passive
sacrifice
the seat surrendered
to The Empress
he sways

_____________________________________________________________________
Bless his dear sweet soul. The Bear Whisperer Rides Again.

No comments: